Friday, March 6, 2015

Cloak&Cluster Final Year Project: RE-discovered

I waited very long to finally do up this post!
I've came a looooooooooong way; preparing and sewing for months, the countless staying up nights + expensive cab fares and lots of money spent to complete this entire project!

Inspiration Board

Bascially the collection is inspired by the magnificent view of the Er Wang Dong cave upon entering. And what's so special about this cave is that it is massive enough to consist of it's own weather system, in another words.... it means YOU'RE LITERALLY LIVING IN A THIRD DIMENSION when you're in this cave. 
RE-discovered captures the idea of irregularity of lines, asymmetrical structures and color gradient on the spectacular beddings of the roof in the cave. Ribbon tapes are used on the lines for textures to create a stronger emphasis for the entire look. 

MoodBoard

I don't like explaining mood because I do based on what I'm feeling about the collection so it's really a random.....random board. 

Photoshoot pictures

And the most exciting part of the entire project is the fashion photoshoot!












And lastly I have the video but it isn't ready yet so till next time!

Would really love to thank Mel and Huijie, Ryan and JC and Sheila (Mel's mom) for helping out. I really think without them, this entire thing will not be as successful as it is now. There are countless time when I feel rejected, doubtful about my own collection, BUT i'm glad I pulled through the tough time, so ready to conquer the next part of life.

Gap year for a year, I need to start sorting out my life. No more being a lost kid. 

Exhibition booth done and what's left is the fashion fitting + runway?!
I'm so excited for whatever that's coming!
The best thing is, on the 11th of April I am tearing down the exhibition and on the 12th I'm flying.
This is the legitly direct getaway.

Goodnight! 






No comments:

Post a Comment