If you do read my blog now and then, you would have known how not smooth sailing my life is right now. But through all ups and downs, I learnt how to be a better person.
The greatest achievement this year is not about growing taller (lololol) or getting prettier or turning skinnier, nothing about my outer appearance but my inner self. Looks may be important but I do believe having a PRETTY heart makes you a even better person. Don't deny.
During my Secondary school life, friends used to talk about me behind my back(not literally in a BAD way), saying how bad my attitude gets when I am extremely pissed off (in another words "attitude problem"), or how short-tempered I am. I mean it's not that they are bad-mouthing me but they probably din't want to hurt me by telling me straight in the face. But trust me, I DO KNOW. I DO know how bad my temper gets when i'm frustrated or i'm very annoyed/pissed.
I have been trying to change, constantly giving in/compromising to every sort of bullshits i get especially after I got in to Poly. Everything is just ren qi tun sheng. Swallowing ever anger i have and then farting it off. But not to the extend when people cross over my limits.
Remembering once when i got extremely annoyed by this particular person, i decided to annoy him back and treated him the way i shouldn't be doing. WHICH MADE ME FELT QUITE BAD AFTER THAT. Even though i think he deserves it.
Honestly, we all shouldn't let our words get swayed by our emotions. I mean if you were to be mean to the other party, i'm sure none of us will feel good right? And by doing so, it cause scratches/dents to the friendship that you all build up. It's VERY important to spare a thought for the others. Yes you're angry but that doesn't make sense for you to "vent" your anger on someone innocent right? Yes no? It's really selfish this way. Been there done that.
Thinking back, i really felt bad for all the "losing of temper moments" and I'm proud of myself this year for the fact that no matter how annoyed I was in some point of time, I controlled and I compromised.
Nothing i would have done back in the years.
It's good for us to just sit down and self reflect, reflect on the wrongs and work towards the right.
May 2014 be a better year.
No comments:
Post a Comment